CU Direct to Donate $20,000 in Celebration of its 20th Anniversary
Ontario, CA | December 2, 2014
CU Direct, (www.cudirect.com) the nation’s leading provider of lending, automotive and strategic solutions to the credit union industry, is celebrating its 20th anniversary by holding a contest to donate $20,000 to one of the nation’s Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) hospitals.
Today, CU Direct launched it’s 20 for 20 campaign by inviting credit unions and their members to visit www.cudirect.com/cudirect20/ and cast their vote for the CMN hospital of their choice. Contest participants can vote once per day through December 22, with the winning CMN hospital being announced by CU Direct on December 23rd. The credit union with the most votes toward the winning hospital will be invited to co-present the $20,000 check from CU Direct to the winning hospital in the New Year.
“As we reflect on twenty years in business, we want to give back to a non-profit that’s been near and dear to the CU Direct family for the past decade,” said Tony Boutelle, President and CEO of CU Direct. “We’re excited to let our customers and the credit union community help decide which Children’s Miracle Network hospital will receive the donation.”
20 Years at CU Direct
- 1994 – Launches CUDL, the first indirect lending platform for credit unions.
- 1999 – Hosts its first annual lending symposium for credit unions.
- 2005 – Develops new dealer interface to the CUDL lending platform that benefits dealers.
- 2007 – Vero, a CU Direct company, forms to provide finance, insurance and customer retention products.
- 2011 – Launches its Lending 360 Loan Origination System.
- 2012 – Reaches the 1,000 credit union client milestone.
- 2013 – Introduces a new credit union retail lending portal, OnSpot Financing.
- 2013 – Reaches 50 states and expands operations into Quebec, Canada.
- 2014 – Launches the AutoPREMIER full service auto concierge program to the credit union industry.
- 2014 – Unveils its next generation, mobile-optimized CUDL AutoSMART website.
- 2014 – CU Direct credit unions become the third largest auto lender in the country.
Over the last decade, CU Direct has been an active sponsor of the Credit Unions for Kids Wine Auction, benefitting CMN Hospitals in Nevada and California. The annual event has helped raise more than $2.6 million since 2006.
Since 1994, CU Direct has built its growing lending network of 1,100 credit unions and 11,400 dealers, while achieving more than 7.4 million auto loans, totaling nearly $157 billion. In 2014, CU Direct credit unions became the third largest auto lender in the country.
“We recognize that none of our accomplishments would be possible without the support of our credit union partners,” added Boutelle. “That’s why we are dedicated to providing credit unions with the technology and the solutions that will help them make more loans and improve their efficiencies.”