CU Direct Names Accomplished Industry Veterans to Lead Development of Innovative Lending and Automotive Solutions
Ontario, CA | May 17, 2017
CU Direct, producer of the credit union industry’s essential lending technology platforms, has appointed two accomplished veterans to lead efforts in the development and expansion of the company’s lending and automotive technology and solutions.
Phil DuPree, auto industry leader and e-Commerce innovator has been named the company’s new chief strategy officer of automotive solutions. DuPree’s deep industry experience, spanning 20 years, includes delivery of innovative technology, e-Commerce, marketing, retail sales, and business development solutions to the auto industry.
Roger Hull, lending technology pioneer, has been named the company’s new chief strategy officer of lending solutions. Hull has more than 30 years’ strategic leadership experience in the mortgage and technology industries, developing growth-driven technology, and business and operational strategies.
DuPree will oversee strategic planning, direction, development and sales of CU Direct’s automotive solutions encompassing product and market expansion. This includes the oversight and direction of existing products, including CUDL, the nation’s largest credit union auto lending platform, and AutoSMART, the credit union industry’s foremost online vehicle shopping site, listing over 2 million cars in dealer inventory, as well as new product development.
Hull will oversee strategic planning and product management for lending solutions including the Lending 360 loan origination system, Lending Insights’ portfolio analytics platform, and advisory services program, in addition to software development and implementation for all automotive and lending products.
Comments on the News:
- “Phil’s and Roger’s extensive industry expertise, leadership and marketplace success will play an integral role in our efforts to deliver next generation lending and automotive solutions to our credit union and dealer partners,” stated Tony Boutelle, president and CEO of CU Direct. “We’re excited to have them on board, as we continue to bring cutting edge innovation and value to our partners.
- “I am excited to be joining the CU Direct team, where I can leverage my e-Commerce and automotive background and experience to continue to unlock additional value and innovation for our dealer partners, credit union partners and their members,” said Phil DuPree upon his appointment as CU Direct’s new chief strategy officer of automotive solutions.
- “I am excited about the opportunity to use my strategic enterprise product and software development experience, coupled with the innovation and energy of mortgage technology startups, to plan, build and successfully deploy innovative products that will benefit our clients,” noted Hull.
Background on Phil DuPree:
- Previously, DuPree served as executive vice president – president of dealer services at Autobytel, Inc., where he played a critical role in advancing retail sales efforts for 5,000 dealer customers.
- DuPree also served as president of AutoUSA, a wholly owned subsidiary of AutoNation. He was also vice president of e-Commerce at AutoNation, where he oversaw the launch and implementation of their online initiatives.
Background on Roger Hull:
- Prior to CU Direct, Hull was vice president of mortgage technology at Genpact where he completed the development of a next generation loan origination system
- Previously, Hull founded and served as president and chief product officer of High Performance Partners, LLC, where he designed and developed innovative mortgage technology components
- Hull’s experience also includes serving as executive vice president and CIO of First American Corporation, where he designed and developed a nationwide title and closing platform that supports over 17,000 users and over $5 billion in annual revenue